- Uninstall Bonkey, restart the machine and download the newest version of Bonkey (see http://thebackupmonkey.blogspot.com/2009/09/update-improved-background-backup.html).
- Go into the Windows MMC (Microsoft Management Console) > Services, and check that the Bonkey Service is "Automatic" and "Started". If yes, close the MMC and go to Step #4. If not, go to Step # 3.
- Set the Bonkey Service to "Automatic" and "Start", close the MMC, and re-boot.
- In Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\Bonkey\ and locate the following 2 executable files: Bonkey.exe, and wrapper.exe. For each file, Right click, select "Properties" > "Compatibility" > and place a check-mark in "Run as Administrator". Close Explorer.
- Open Bonkey, and configure your back-ups. When you close the UI, the Service will run effectively according to schedule.
Thanks for the instructions, Biskits! Thanks for being so complicated, Vista!